Hayden M. Loos is a highly motivated and dedicated student with a strong record of academic achievements and ample professional experience.
Having only recently begun to pursue a formal education in graphic design, Hayden has been studying art and design for decades. Enrolled in Advanced Placement art courses in the late 90s, Hayden won a Scholastic Gold Key for his portfolio in 2000, the highest achievable honor that Scholastic bestows.
After over a decade in the labor force, Hayden moved to Japan in 2012 where he worked as a full-time freelance artist and illustrator, working part-time as a teaching assistant. Upon returning to the US in August 2014, Hayden was determined to pursue a career in graphic design, and enrolled in the Graphic Communications program at STLCC.
Hayden graduated with an Associates in Fine Arts in Graphic Communications Degree summa cum laude in May of 2017, and is currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree at the University of Missouri – Saint Louis.
Currently enrolled at University of Missouri – St. Louis, pursuing a Bachelor's in Fine Arts in Graphic Communication degree, expected May 2019.
AFA in Graphic Communications
STLCC — Meramec, St. Louis, MO
Graduated in 2017
Honors and Achievements:
• 2017 AIGA ST. LOUIS DESIGN SCHOLAR
• 2017 UMSL COMMUNITY COLLEGE PRESIDENT'S SCHOLAR
• DEAN'S LIST
• 4.0 GPA
• PTK HONOR'S SOCIETY
• PRESIDENT, MERAMEC AIGA STUDENT GROUP (2016 – 2017)
• 2017 AIGA Design Show: Featured Work – CVA Branding
• 2017 AIGA Design Show: Featured Work – India Rupee Redesign
• 2016 Annual Juried Student Exhibition: Winner – Best in Show – India Rupee Redesign
• 2016 Annual Juried Student Exhibition: Winner – Honorable Mention – Peru Nation Branding
• 2016 Feature & Interview; HoneybeeConservancy.org – Humble Honeybee
Internships and Experience
Committed to exploring every facet of design from more conceptual graphic art and design to "real-world" professional culture and client-driven solutions, Hayden has accrued thousands of hours of internship and workplace experience.
• December 2018 – Present — Jr. Art Director, Paradowski Creative
• May 2018 – December 2018 — Design Intern, Paradowski Creative
• Fall 2016 – Spring 2017 — An active member of AIGA since his freshmen year, Hayden founded STLCC – Meramec's first-ever AIGA Student Group, serving as student president under the supervision of faculty adviser Michael Swoboda. In addition to organizing and overseeing various club activities, Hayden directed a school-sponsored design studio, providing design consultation, print and web design, and branding and identity solutions for local charity and non-profit organizations.
• Summer 2016 — Design Intern, Almanac: worked in a hugely collaborative creative environment under the direction of Almanac founder and partner, Nate Sprehe. While at Almanac, Hayden was involved in numerous projects in print and web, as well as branding and identity work for large clients.
• Spring 2016 — Intern, RYE-JOL: worked under the direction of the brilliant designer, illustrator, and typographer, David Rygiol.
• Summer 2015 — Intern, Husbandmen: Here Hayden worked under the direction of Husbandmen's founder, James Walker, and collaborated with other artists, designers, and typographers.